THE names of soldiers from Studley who died in the First World War but who are missing from the village War Memorial are to be honoured at a special re-dedication ceremony this Saturday, October 6.
The names were discovered after former Studley resident Arthur Cooke published a book on the villagers who died in the 1914-18 conflict.
Comparing his work with the names on the Studley War Memorial it was found more than 20 names were missing.
It was enough to spark a massive fund raising effort by the local branch of the Royal British Legion, backed by local residents, to get the names added to the memorial.
Thousands of pounds were raised, enough to buy two new pieces of Portland Stone and have the names carved into them by Mason Creations of Earlswood.
This week these have been put in place and this Saturday the War Memorial will be re-dedicated at 12noon, ready for the 100th anniversary of the ending of the war on November 11.