Hi: 10° Lo:6°
By Harriet Ernstsons Tuesday 02 September 2014 Updated: 02/09 14:20
A CANCER survivor is set to bring a night of soul, funk and blues to the Palace Theatre in aid of charities who helped following his diagnosis.
Blair Kesseler has now been given the all clear after fighting the disease last year but wants to thank Macmillan Cancer Support and the Critical Care Unit at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital where he was treated.
The Birmingham resident said he chose to put on the night on Friday (September 5) at the Palace as he loved the theatre and had been to see a number of shows there.
"Any diagnosis of cancer is rather traumatic but the first thing that happened at the QE was being appointed a Macmillan nurse. They are amazing, they literally hold your hand and follow you all the way through the treatment.
"The other part of my hospital treatment was in critical care. When you come out of major surgery you are in quite a state. I was there for 13 days and they brought me through it so I wanted to do something to raise money."
He added as well as raising funds, he wanted to give a message of hope to those battling cancer.
"I'm one of the lucky ones, I am completely recovered and have been signed off. I think it's really important for those of us who have gone through a cancer diagnosis to say there is life after cancer. It's good to be able to tell people you can recover from it and you can get back to a normal life."
The night will include Stone Foundation and Brothers Groove, with doors opening at 7.30pm. Tickets costing £15.75 (£10.75) are available from www.redditchpalacetheatre.co.uk or by calling 01527 65203. Visit uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=BlairKesseler to donate.
UNPRECEDENTED seasonal demand is being placed on A&E
A GROUP of teenagers have been arrested in
RAIL commuters were back on track this morning
TOP tips from some of the country’s leading
TWO Bromsgrove Police officers have been awarded for their bravery ...
SCHOOLCHILDREN were safely evacuated after smoke started to fill their ...