Dogs rescued from Alcester fire

By Connie Osborne Thursday 27 March 2014 Updated: 27/03 18:16

FIREFIGHTERS had to rescue two dogs from a house fire in Alcester.

Crews from Alcester arrived at the Evesham Street house about 5.39am on Wednesday (March 26) and immediately request a further backup from Bidford.

A total of six firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the flames in the kitchen using hose reels.

The family had escaped the house already thanks to the smoke alarm, while two dogs had be rescued by crews.

The fire is believed to have been started by an electrical fault.

Share This

Regional news »


Bromsgrove Standard
Missing Bromsgrove teenager found safe and well

THE BROMSGROVE teenager who went missing from Droitwich has been ...

Worcester Observer

Visit the Worcester Observer website for the latest.

Stratford Observer
Stratford District Council to encourage more recycling

STRATFORD District Council’s bin lorries are not rubbish - but ...

Evesham Observer
Jack’s charged with a top job

A BROADWAY electrical firm has added a bright spark to ...