Update:
Six crews battle Redditch house fire

By Connie Osborne Thursday 09 January 2014 Updated: 10/01 11:33

Latest News

Buy photos » Heronfield Photo by Marcus Mingins 0214016MMR1

A WOMAN was treated for smoke inhalation after her home was engulfed by flames.

A total of six fire engines from Redditch, Bromsgrove and the West Midlands were sent to Heronfield Close on Thursday (January 9) after the owner returned home to find her house alight.

The fire, which is believed to have been caused by a tumble dryer, affected about 90 per cent of the two storey terrace property.

A compressed air foam system as well as 18 firefighters wearing breathing equipment were used to bring the flames under control.

Station commander, Robert Allen, from HWFRS said: "The crews worked hard to extinguish what was an intense fire, believed to have started in a tumble dryer. Thankfully no one was seriously injured."

He urged people to make sure they had smoke alarms installed on each level of their home and to test them on a weekly basis.

He also encouraged people to close internal doors and to switch off electric appliances when leaving the house and as part of their night-time routine.

Latest News

Buy photos» Heronfield Photo by Marcus Mingins 0214016MMR4

Latest News

Buy photos» Firefighters battle flames at a home in Heronfield Close, Church Hill. Picture by Marcus Mingins 0214016MMR3

Latest News

Buy photos»

Share This

Regional news »


Bromsgrove Standard
The search is on for Bromsgrove and Droitwich heroines

THE BROMSGROVE and Droitwich Standards have teamed up with the ...

Stratford Observer
Shakespeare - England ultimate claim to fame

SHAKESPEARE is England's ultimate claim to fame. The Bard won ...

Evesham Observer
Egg-citing events at the Riverside

EVESHAM's Riverside Shopping Centre went Easter mad last week as ...