By Harriet Ernstsons Tuesday 03 September 2013 Updated: 03/09 16:43
A MAN was found overcome by smoke after a fire broke out in the kitchen of his Alvechurch home.
Police arrived at the property in Heron Close shortly before 11.50am on Tuesday (September 3) to find the man, who was in his 40s, in his front doorway.
He had been alerted to the fire by a smoke alarm and a neighbour, who also heard the alarm, helped him to safety.
Fire crews from Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service using breathing apparatus extinguished the fire and gave the man oxygen before he was taken to hospital by ambulance.
Group commander Mick Cadman said: "The fire service was alerted by a quick thinking professional call operator within West Mercia Police control room, this is an example of HWFRS, West Midlands Ambulance Service and West Mercia Police working in partnership to provide an excellent service to our communities."
ROCK-LOVING residents have the chance to relive their
GYMS and fitness centres should be allowed outside
A 12-HOUR cycling event, exercise taster sessions and
MUSICAL residents could be sharing the stage with
THE BOSS of a Bromsgrove building company has spoken of ...
AS WE get ready to launch the Worcester Observer next ...
NADHIM Zahawi has hit out at a massive proposed pay ...