By Connie Osborne Thursday 14 March 2013 Updated: 14/03 17:31
A FIRE broke out in a flat in Greenlands due to a dishwasher fault.
Crews from Redditch and Bromsgrove attended the ground floor flat in Wharrington Close just before 9am yesterday morning (Wednesday).
They found a fire in the kitchen which was extinguished by four firefighters using one hose reel and used ventilation to help clear the smoke.
No one was hurt but the blaze destroyed the dishwasher and caused further damage to the kitchen as well as smoke damage throughout the rest of the property.
Steve Fox, station commander from Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, said: “This was a fairly serious fire which could have had devastating consequences for the family if it had started at night.”
He urged people not to set their dishwashers and other electrical appliances to run when the house was unoccupied or when they went up to bed at night.
He also recommended electrical appliances in the home were regularly serviced and to ensure their smoke alarms were working properly.
POLICE will be out on the town's dual
A WINYATES woman has been banned from entering
A FURTHER two men have been charged in
POLICE spent over an hour talking down a
A FOOD collection will be held at Sainsbury's in Northfield ...
A PRISONER who went on the run after being released ...
THE INCREASING popularity of rowing in the wake of the ...