Warning after chip pan fire

By Harriet Ernstsons Tuesday 05 February 2013 Updated: 06/02 11:51

RESIDENTS are being urged to be on their guard after a chip pan fire in Alvechurch.

Two crews from Redditch Fire Station attended the incident at a flat in Buckleys Green at 5.05pm on Monday (February 4).

The ground floor flat was empty at the time so they forced entry and extinguished the fire with one hose reel, using positive pressure ventilation to help clear the heavy smoke from the property.

A spokeswoman for Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service said: "While no one was hurt as a result of the incident, chip pan fires can all too easily cause serious injury as well as severe damage to a property.

"The service will be issuing full kitchen safety advice during National Chip Week which runs from February 18 and 24 this year, but we urge people ahead of this to be sure to keep an eye on their cooking at all times and to be especially careful when using hot oil."

Share This

Popular »

1 Paedophile ring claims in county

2 Very merry Christmas for lottery syndicate

3 Dispersal order after vandals trash Redditch's Church Green

4 Unconfirmed sighting of missing woman Eve Cullen

5 Keeping families safe is message

More news »

Valentine's Day tree-ts

LOVERS can get fruity this Valentine's Day with

Gritters out ahead of predicted snow

GRITTERS are set to be out and about

Redditch Police Station cells to close

THE CELLS at Redditch Police Station are set

Councillor retires after 40 years

ONE OF Alcester's long serving councillors has retired

Regional news »


Bromsgrove Standard
Family of missing Hollywood woman make emotional appeal for help

THE FAMILY of Hollywood woman Eve Cullen, who has now ...

Worcester Observer

Visit the Worcester Observer website for the latest.

Stratford Observer
Stratford District Council to encourage more recycling

STRATFORD District Council’s bin lorries are not rubbish - but ...

Evesham Observer
Jack’s charged with a top job

A BROADWAY electrical firm has added a bright spark to ...