Warning after chip pan fire

By Harriet Ernstsons Tuesday 05 February 2013 Updated: 06/02 11:51

RESIDENTS are being urged to be on their guard after a chip pan fire in Alvechurch.

Two crews from Redditch Fire Station attended the incident at a flat in Buckleys Green at 5.05pm on Monday (February 4).

The ground floor flat was empty at the time so they forced entry and extinguished the fire with one hose reel, using positive pressure ventilation to help clear the heavy smoke from the property.

A spokeswoman for Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service said: "While no one was hurt as a result of the incident, chip pan fires can all too easily cause serious injury as well as severe damage to a property.

"The service will be issuing full kitchen safety advice during National Chip Week which runs from February 18 and 24 this year, but we urge people ahead of this to be sure to keep an eye on their cooking at all times and to be especially careful when using hot oil."

Share This

Popular »

1 Commuters back on track with railway opening

2 Men charged with ram raid on Redditch business

3 Music night organised by cancer survivor

4 Disc-over a bargain

5 Miracle baby's name inspired by hospital

More news »

Hollywood man jailed over £100,000 fraud

A HOLLYWOOD man has been jailed for three

Catching the love bus

RESIDENTS could be catching the love bus and

Redditch MP defends voting against gay marriage

REDDITCH MP Karen Lumley has defended her decision

Thieves take £7,000 worth of metal

METAL worth £7,000 was stolen from a Woodrow

Regional news »


Bromsgrove Standard
£7,000 worth of power tools taken in Wychbold burglary

A TOTAL of 26 power tools worth more than £7,000 ...

Worcester Observer

Visit the Worcester Observer website for the latest.

Stratford Observer
Morrisons staff cycle round the world in 48 hours

IT was olé and away as staff at Morrisons Stratford ...

Evesham Observer
Unprovoked assault on Vale jogger

WITNESSES are being sought following an unprovoked assault on a ...