By Harriet Ernstsons Wednesday 19 December 2012 Updated: 20/12 13:33
CAMPAIGNERS fighting to save services at the Alexandra Hospital have walked out of a hospital board meeting after 'losing confidence' in the Trust.
Members of the Save the Alex group, who have been campaigning against the closure of vital services such as maternity and A&E, left the meeting in Redditch this morning - telling hospital bosses they had no faith in Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust's involvement in the process.
It comes after an announcement no decision will be made about the future of acute services until at least next summer.
The JSR, which was set to investigate how WAHT could save £50 million, met yesterday (Tuesday) to come to a decision about what services will and will not be provided at the Redditch site.
But a statement released by the group said the options need to be looked at in more detail before they could be released and formal consultation could take place.
It added the JSR had been looking at the clinical and financial sustainability of all options, with a second phase of engagement expected to begin in February will a full three-month consultation starting in the summer of 2013.
Eamonn Kelly, NHS Worcestershire chief executive, said: "We are very conscious that people in Worcestershire are looking to us to confirm the details of the proposals for change and we want to do this as soon as possible.
"It is really important however to have fully explored all of the options than to be constrained by an artificial timetable. That said we do aim to say much more in January 2013 about the detail of the options which we will take to the next stage of public engagement."
A TEENAGER and his family are launching a
THE NUMBER of burglaries across Redditch has almost
A BOY was hit by an air rifle
A DEAL struck by the borough council could
THREE men forced a driver to get in the back ...
AS WE get ready to launch the Worcester Observer next ...
A MAN suffered facial injuries after being attacked with a ...