Hi: 7° Lo:0°
By Harriet Ernstsons Friday 09 November 2012 Updated: 09/11 10:47
AROUND 100 homes and businesses still have no phone service two weeks after criminals damaged a cable.
The Standard reported last Friday (November 2) residents had been left without their phoneline and internet after vandals damaged a major cable on the Feckenham Road the previous Friday (October 26).
Although a spokeswoman for BT Openreach said problems should have been sorted within the week, it has since emerged some homes still do not have service 14 days on from the incident.
Initially BT said they expected all issues to be resolved by Wednesday (November 7) but residents have contacted the Standard to say despite repeated promises, they are still without services.
A spokeswoman said: "Unfortunately work has taken longer than predicted and engineers are still re-jointing customers back onto the cable one by one. So while many customers will be back up and running, some are still without service.
"We expect to have most services restored today (Thursday) but due to the sheer size of the cable some people will still be impacted by residual faults which engineers will work through one by one.
"We are very sorry for this ongoing disruption to service and are continuing to work to restore all service as quickly as possible."
CAMPAIGNERS say they are encouraged by the response
VISITORS are being asked to stay away from
MEN FROM across the district are being called
MEMBERS from the Save the Alex campaign are
THE TRUST which runs the county’s hospitals has warned its ...
AGE was certainly no barrier as young and old scooped ...