By Ian Dipple Thursday 18 October 2012 Updated: 18/10 23:44
AN OUTBREAK of the winter sickness and vomiting bug has closed two wards at the Alexandra Hospital.
Another ward at the Worcestershire Royal Hospital has also been shut as a result of the norovirus.
A spokeswoman for Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust said three patients had been affected by diarrhoea and vomiting but only two had tested positive for norovirus as of Wednesday (October 17). She said the three wards had been closed to patients and new visitors.
"We would also ask any visitors feeling unwell or who have been in contact with anyone who has had diarrhoea and vomiting in the last 48 hours, not to visit hospitals until they have been symptom free for 48 hours," she said.
"We really appreciate the public support when we have to impose visiting restrictions. Limiting the number of people coming into our hospital wards significantly reduces the risk of spread of norovirus.
"We are reducing the impact of the virus by isolating affected patients, deep cleaning all patient areas and reinforcing hand cleaning and use of alcohol gel."
A GROUP of Redditch residents have become the
THE BOROUGH'S planning chief has dismissed speculation a
PLANS to set-up a mobile chemotherapy unit in
CAR PARTS have become the latest target of
A HORSE had to be rescued in Barnt Green after ...
ONE OF Worcester's most historic buildings has been brought back ...
YOUNGSTERS in Bidford were banking on people's generosity to help ...